Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sygic GPS Navigation (MY & SG) for iPad

Sygic is a professional turn-by-turn GPS Navigation app. Now is available at iTunes app store with new reduced price @ USD12.99 (was USD49.99 last month). What a steal!

So, I have decided to give it a try on my iPad2. BTW, this is my fourth GPS system after Mapking (HP iPaq PDA), Papago M7 (iPhone 2G) and Papago X5 (HTC Legend).

Sygic GPS app is loading pretty fast and automatically turn-on the iPad built in GPS module. To my surprise, the GPS locking is very fast, way faster than my previous Papago M7 & X5. The GUI and resolution are pretty neat on the large HD LCD screen. Nice, I don't see any pixelation and I hate pixelation. The user interface is kind of straight forward. If you have prior experience on GPS device, this is no brainer. Overall, it is value for money.

Here is my summary on Sygic;

(+)
- Relative easy to use.
- Cheaper than Papago HD (USD29.99).
- Nice GUI.
- HD resolution, perfect for iPad.
- Fast GPS locking.
- Fast routing & rerouting.
- Map turning on Navigation mode is almost instant vs Papago ~2s.
- Voice Navigation is clear and sharp. Better than Papago M7 & X5.

(-)
- The map details and POI are less superior than Malfreemap used by Papago & Mapking. Malfreemap rules....
- No junction view vs Papago M7 & X5.
- No details available when touch on POI icons. Very surprise to see this feature omitted. I hope Sygic will enable this feature in future software update.
- 3D map is only for big cities like KL & Singapore.







1 comment:

edina monsoon said...

Can I use this with iPad wifi 3 g without a sim card? Am heading to puchong so trying to decide between Papago n this.thanks