Monday, December 29, 2008

Beggar's Chicken @ Banting, Selangor

It took us about 1.5hours drive from my Brother-In-Law's house @ Klang to reach this 'sang-ka-la' place. Don't underestimate this place, it produces the famous and original Beggar's Chicken. Even Axian from Astro visited this place before (look at the giant poster below).

Well, this place is so famous that you need to do an advance booking and is make-to-order. Yup, better do it to avoid disappointment.

Got to thank my Bro-In-Law and his wife for bringing us to this wonderful place. Your next trip to my place will be on me.



I wonder whether they trademark this logo!


What the heck are these? Stones? Well, these are what we came for, ha ha. The chicken (or other stuff) and herbs are wrapped with plastic paper. The outer layer then covered with wet dirts before cook under the glowing hot ashes.








Beggar's Stomach


Beggar's Chicken


Beggar's Glutinous Rice aka Sticky Rice


Fish cake (believe me, absolutely no fish bone)



Address: Bukit Jugra (Permatang Pasir), 42700 Banting, Selangor.

Tel: 03 3120 2515


View Larger Map

No comments: